How I spend my days

I always thought that that when I retired, I'd probably spend my days sitting in a rocker on the front porch and reading a good novel or the latest edition of one of my favorite magazines.  That's not what happened at all.  It takes me weeks to get through a novel.  There are so many activities that take up my time.  For one thing, I continued to work part time as a teacher.  I'm at work at the opening bell of school and work until lunch.  From there I go home to work on one of my hobbies.  Beekeeping has been taking up most of my time lately.  It's Spring and the bees are busy.  I built 12 swarm traps over the summer and I've started to catch bees in them.  I'm also doing a few trap-outs in people's homes and collecting any swarms I can locate.  I maintain my own hives in my backyard.  Another hobby is gardening.  I have an acre dedicated to fruit, nuts, and berries.  I have just about any kind of fruit and berry that you can think of that will grow in our climate.  They have to be watered, fertilized, and sprayed.  A few more hobbies include making wine, kombucha, and yogurt.  I also like to cook and make family meals 3 or 4 nights a week.  Did I mention that I have four grandsons who like to come see me.  The two six year olds play ball and I try hard not to miss a ball game.  One other thing that I like to do is fish, but not in ponds and rivers.  I like to surf fish and pier fish which means I have to dedicate the entire day to going down to the gulf if I want to fish.  When I worked full time, I had little time for all this fun stuff.  Now, I'm having a blast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EDU5506EA SP19 Action Plan

Improving My Technology Skills