EDU5506EA SP19 Action Plan

This workshop has restructured my entire personal learning network. I feel as though I have evolved from a limited search-for-what-you-need learning approach to a much more technologically sophisticated approach that includes several web 2.0 tools including RSS, Twitter, blogs, and pod casts. Before this class I simply googled whatever information that I wanted to know. I did not know what I was missing. I had never used a newsreader, Twitter, a blog, or a pod cast. Of course, I had heard of them, but I’ve heard of many things that I have never used. I did not think I had the technological savvy to use those type tools. The wonderful thing about a workshop like this is that it forces you to confront new ideas and approaches. So, with great apprehension, I explored each week’s new tool. What I discovered is that I can not only use these tools, but that I enjoy using them and look forward to using them. I now have a Feedly account where current information that I am interested in comes to me. I don’t have to search for it. The great thing is that a lot of the articles are information that I wanted know. I just did not know the articles existed so I would never have searched for them. So, now I am getting information that I would have never have gotten in the past. Twitter has also become a great source of information. I actually thought Twitter was just something for teens and famous people. I had no idea of the amount of information available and the expedience and relevance of the information. Twitter gives you current news immediately and it comes to you instantly on your phone. With a Twitter account, you can keep current on any topic. I followed a number of state education leaders and several local education colleagues. I get tweets throughout the day that keep me up to date on what is transpiring in the education world. I have also become an avid blog reader. I’m discovering that a lot of people like to write a lot more than I do. There is a tremendous amount of blog material out there and much of it is very interesting. I like to read to relax and blogs have become my latest go to material. The most surprising source of information for me is the podcast. When you listen to a podcast, you just get a better feel for the material. The speaker is able to convey an emotional attachment that you can not get through reading. The best thing about podcasting is that I can listen to it while I am driving. I have to admit that in the past I have spent most of my driving time listening to sports talk radio. Podcasts have now replaced sports talk and most of them are much more interesting. However, that is subject to change when football season starts back up. This workshop has been a fantastic learning experience for me. I have broadened my personal learning network and increased my technology skills. I found sources of information that I never new existed or that I was just too fearful to try. I am very happy I participated in this learning adventure.

Comments

Stephanie Cole said…
Great job on your Final Project, Danny! Stephanie Cole
Stephanie Cole said…
Hi Danny-
Your Final Project is very good. Thank you for sharing your perspective, insights, and growth during this class. Your Final Project is quite inspiring. I am so glad that you are looking forward to advancing your technology use and that it will be beneficial for you. As you mentioned, I think blogs are very interesting as well. I believe this will be a great resource to gain new ideas, strategies, and practices from other school leaders. As I think critically about blogs and your Final Project, you may want to share information through a blog regarding your successful experiences in education. This may be very helpful for other educators and school leaders. You could share practices, routines, and tasks that have proven to be effective in your school. This would be a very interesting and profitable blog for others to read and learn from. As well, I agree with your comments about podcasts. They really can provide a strong advantage to the listeners as they create a personal connection. Podcasts can enable the positive emotions of school leaders to be seen in a way that writing does not display. This is a great benefit for school leaders and educators as they strive to make a positive difference in their schools and communities. Podcasts can tell the story of what is happening in a school in a special way. This is important for the stakeholders.

It is highly valuable that you have learned so much from this class. It sounds like you are really going to be using the resources from this class for your personal learning network. I believe this will be a strong benefit for you as you continue to learn and grow in the education world. The changes you have already made regarding the use of the technology tools from this class will be a great advantage to you. Your personal learning network has largely grown and developed due to your using the technology resources from this class. I believe this will be a positive beginning of much growth for you with technology tools. I believe your personal learning network will be very strong. I have enjoyed working with you in this class, and I wish you the very best. Stephanie Cole
Dr. Kena Byrd said…
Danny! I simply love it....a techy is born
You have now gotten lost on a world that people could only imagine. I'm excited for you as I would be with my own students when I was in the classroom. The blog usage along with Twitter will have you consumed for days. Happy tracking.

Popular posts from this blog

Improving My Technology Skills